Sunday, March 14, 2010

Big Brother













Reading through the blog, it is so easy to see how Mike meant so much to so many people. Thank you all for sharing your Mike so openly on this blog, it makes me feel just a little more closer to him. For me, he was my Big Brother in so many ways beyond just the years between us and I was always introduced as his 'baby sister' no matter how old I was. Growing up he always challenged me to be better but celebrated and reminded me how proud he was. Most of the memories for me, are of Mike and Judy - from ice skating in Burien, crazy camping adventures and of course time up in the mountains and snow. Mike and I shared the love of the mountains including reading the adventures on Everest, K2, Mt. McKinley or any other major peak. Although he could always live the time on the mountain more than I, it didn't stop us from sharing the passion - just last Tuesday we were talking about an Ed Viesturs book that I was going to borrow.

Mt. Rainier has always meant something special to me, and now it means even more. Each time I see that amazing peak, I will remember my wonderful brother. I miss him more than words could ever express.
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment