Monday, March 15, 2010

My Favorite Uncle

When I was really young I used to be just a little afraid of my Uncle Mike. I remember his friendly horse bites and teasing. I should have thanked him for all of his fun teasing ways. He brought me out of my shell, taught me to roll with the punches, laugh at life, and talk with everyone (especially strangers : )). I haven’t been afraid of him in a long time, he was and still is my favorite uncle. Uncle Mike had a way of making everyone feel like family. I always felt like more than a niece when I was in his house. I remember trips to Canada stuffed in the minivan like sardines being so fun. Even waiting for a ferry was an adventure with him laughing and teasing all of us.

I miss spaghetti night after Brian and Jared’s soccer practice when he would come over to the kid’s table, steal some garlic bread from one of us and walk off to his chair to sleep. I’ve learned a lot from him and I think we all still can, his memory will always put a smile on my face : ) He could make a new friend in just a few minutes, it’s something I loved about him.

Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment