Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One Good Man

I met Bucky when I went to work at Metro’s East Base. Before arriving I was advised to “mess with Bucky right away because sooner or late he was going to mess with you….so you might as well strike the first blow.” So during my first week there I hid his toolbox. What hoot! Bucky laughed about finding his toolbox missing and then he howled when I told him why I hid it in the first place. What a laugh! One day Bucky did not come in to work nor did he bother to call. When asked about it he told the crew that his cat had fur balls, repeatedly. For the next two months that was his favorite saying followed by his big laugh. Mike loved joking, laughing, teasing, and being teased. He just loved the interaction and reaction with people. He had a very kind side of him as well. Once I told Bucky that my son had his bicycle stolen and the very next day he brought in a used bike for me to take home. Privately, he often spoke with great pride, love, and affection of his family. Mike with his humor and wisdom touched so many lives. He will be truly missed. My condolences go out to his family and friends. Johnny Wishbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment