Friday, March 19, 2010

My Husband

As I sit here drinking my tea (the English in me) and reading the blogs, the house is quiet for the first time in a while, I know all my children are close by, I wonder where to start.

My husband was an amazing, crazy, lovable man. What you loved about him was all his imperfections. You knew what he liked and loved and you definitely knew what he didn't like. There wasn't much he disliked. Most of all you knew where you stood with him and if he loved you, he really loved you.

He could find fun in everything and get away with mischief like no one I will ever know. He was a great story teller, especially if it was about himself!!!! He was one of a kind and I will miss him forever. I have no regrets and I know things will get easier.

You, my family and friends, have made this time bearable, with your wonderful stories, pictures and quotes, your food or the simple hug, the squeeze of a hand. Your love and generosity through this has helped more than I can express in words. It is a great reflection on Mike, how you have been here for me and my children. I know he is at peace and pain free and for that I am grateful.
"WE YOU" (As my grandson would say) LOVE YOU,
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Dear Judy,

    I know we do not know each other well, but I do know we had someone special in common and that was Mike (Bucky).

    I wanted to let you know, I will be attending "Mike's Celebration of Life" service today. Although, my husband Jim will not be attending. You see Jim is having such a hard time dealing with this news of Bucky and wants to remember him when he last saw or even talked to Bucky. I guess in some ways we all grieve diffently than others. And,I know that time does heal and Jim will heal in time.

    Judy,I know your heart is overwhelmed with much, but please know I wanted to send you this message to let you know how greatly Bucky will be missed by his friend & brother Jim.
    Please accept Jim's condolenances to you and your family at your time of healing.

    With Thoughts & Prayers,
    Theresa Whitesel

    ReplyDelete