Friday, March 12, 2010

Fellow Train Buddy

I rode the Sounder train for a few years as a means to commute to and from my job. This allowed me the pleasure of bumping into Mike every now and then as we would depart and arrive at the Sumner station. More than a few times I was greeted by that familiar, booming voice as he spotted me in the crowd. He would never hesitate to ask how my busy life was going and would always ask about my lovely wife (she pretty much grew up with the Buchanan’s). And of course he would always update me with all the transit projects that were going on (Mike had a way of making transit stories interesting even though on the surface that subject could be rather boring). J You see, no matter what kind of day I was having, every time I saw Mike, instantly my day got better. That is what made Mike a special person and a very loving man. Farewell my fellow train buddy, you will be greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment