Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bucky

Well my day at metro started by walking in East base for graveyard shift and someone on the intercom announcing that Elvis had just entered the building. I spent my first week or so teamed with Mike, I wasnt sure what I'd gotten myself into. lol. Later on while working there Bucky had his first heart event. and I moved on for lack of seniority to south base. I lost track alitt ltle of him but think was at Bellevue base when next heart surgery happened. Eventually Bucky ended up on Central base days and I made Lead Mechanic and came down on swing shift. The first words when I saw Mike were, hey how ya doing Elvis. After a year there I experienced a Heart Attack. When I came back to work there Mike was right there pulling me on a bus and talking to me, asking if ok, if needed to talk just say the word. Two month later I suffered a Cardiac Arrest and lived through it and got alittle helper implanted. Mike called me Thumper then along with other members of the crew. I eventually had to have Bypass surgery, Mikes Aunt was one of my nurses in the heart ward at Overlake and I mentioned Iworked at Metro. Apparantly she pasted that one to Mike, as within a day or so all the nurses on East 2 were calling me Elvis. Mike came in to see me and harass me while I was there. When I eventually came back to work my first time walking in shop he opened his coveralls and said to me with a big smile lets compare SCARS. I couldn;t help but laugh, which brought tears to my eyes still being a somewhat new scar. And he just kinda looked at me and smiled and said hurts dont it. We checked in with each other I think everyday at Central base after that. I looked to him for advice and we compared Meds. I will miss my Zipper chested brother, he was one of the best people I have ever met. He was truly one of a kind. My heart and condolences go out to Mikes family, I am so sorry for your loss. Sincerely John Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment