Friday, March 12, 2010

My Friend My Brother,

Sadness runs through my soul. Bucky was my friend who loved life and truly loved the outdoors. We talked about stuff only brothers can share during our rides commuting back and forth daily to Metro. When I retired, Bucky and my daily talks with him was what I missed the most.

He called me two days ago, saying Judy had seen me walking our dog, which prompted him to call and see how I was doing. This is the kind of friend he was, always looking out for others with a caring thought. Bucky and I had planned to go out to dinner with our wives as soon as he returned from his trip from the east coast. With Mike passing, it reminds me of how short life truly is. Bucky lived life to the fullest and it showed in that infectious laugh he had, with always a positive attitude. Bucky my friend and brother, I will truly miss you.

At this time, I must lean on the Lord to get me through. Knowing Bucky went to be with the Lord and is in a place of peace, gives me peace. God had a plan forBucky here on earth and on March 10th he called him home. Time is on Bucky's side now and he is on th highest mountain top he has ever seen, looking out over each and everyone of us. While he was here, he touched many hearts in the most special and loving way a person can give another. The legacy Bucky leaves, will always be in the hearts of his loved ones and also within all of us.

Thank you my friend for being such a great friend and brother and most of all an inspiration to me. Thank you for giving of yourself and loving me with no conditions. I will miss you my brother but will always remember you with fond and happy memories. Thank you!!

James Whitesel

1 comment:

  1. Peace in the Wind

    I only knew Mike for a short time, but I knew he was a very special spirit. Mike always had a kind word for me and he was one of those characters I loved being around. He had this infectious laugh that would turn a smile. He was truly a great friend to my husband James and on occassion I would see him during a carpool drop off while getting the mail. He drove a jeep and I would see him around Bonney Lake. Theres Mike I would say, almost as if I knew him better than anyone.
    Mike will be missed and my heart and prayers goes out to you Judy, your children and all the grandchildren. By God's grace, PEACE will find its place in the hearts of those who knew and loved him.

    Blessings,
    Theresa Whitesel

    ReplyDelete