Friday, March 12, 2010

I first met Mike many years ago on the side of I-5, by Federal Way. I was a newby Transit environmental person, and he was one of a large South Base crew that was helping to clean up a major spill. Mike had incident command experience (or so he said - I learned later to never really trust what he said) and he really took control and managed the cleanup. I was forever grateful and we would frequently rehash that original meeting. I would run into Mike sporadically as he moved from night shift back and forth to day shift. He shared many serious things with me - things he probably couldn't share with the "guys". But, I also saw the humerous side of Mike. I learned to never leave my keys in my truck when working at a base where he was on shift. One time after getting locked out I made him drive me to NRV to get keys so I could continue on my way. I will really miss him and his stories.

I never got a nick name - maybe because I always called him Mike.

Cathy Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment