Sunday, March 14, 2010

One of my oldest friends...

Ah Mike, why did you have to leave us so soon?? The words are hard to come by right now. I don't even remember when I first met Mike - we grew up in the same neighborhood - we lived on 35th Ave South, and Buchanans, Pelusos, Dorans and a few others I can't recall, lived up on 35th Place South. We were in Cub Scouts together, Sunnycrest Elementary, Totem, TJ - hiked and climbed mountains, spent time in Explorer Scouts. I was lucky enough to run into Mike last May, it was down in Algona, just a chance meeting. He was telling me about all of his heart problems and surgeries - wow, amazed that he was still alive - but he was - always the same old Mike, full of life, happy, glad to see you! You will be missed my old friend, you went way too soon... My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and children, his mom and dad, and all others who were touched by this wonderful man's life.
Steve Gilchrist

1 comment: