Thursday, December 8, 2011

Things I want to tell you...

Dad, There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of something to tell you. I had a Dad moment tonight, Ellie got her first serves over the net at her volley ball game and I cried, just like you would-pure JOY and excitement that brought me to tears. It's cold out- your favorite kind of days- cold and beautiful out. I miss you. Almond Roca is in the stores, REI has some great holiday commercials this year. Mom is loving that her Hallmark holiday movies are on every night and I have to admit-I am loving them also. Lola is great, she is so cute. Brian is starting to look more like you everyday. Stacy is an amazing Mom. Cindy is my ROCK and is still so much like you. Rex is thoughtful and devoted in all things he does. Jake is really "coming into his own" Ryan is so smart, he learns something new everyday and I love that he calls me on the phone to tell me these wonderful things. Ellie's is a young lady, smart, kind and generous. Johanna is full of imagination, she can make something out of nothing and enjoy every minute. Leroy and I have grown in ways we never imagined possible, we are learning what real love is in our life choices. We love being with Mom and Grandpa,we really have become our own blended family. Leroy is amazing at managing the house-it is so much work, he has to unclog the gutters every few weeks it seems and always says "I do not know how Dad did this all the time." Your parents miss you, they are so brave, and in some strange way we all have a deeper love for each other, we even did a camping trip this summer and it was so much fun-just like old times. Your sisters have been a good support for Mom, they have dinner dates the 3 of them. Mom misses you, she is learning to grieve- you know how she is, kind of tough on the outside-strong-English but the inside she is sensitive and tender.Perspective, I ponder this word often trying or attempting to keep myself in check. To remember to enjoy more and worry less. To laugh more and be serious less. To love more. To spend more time trying to understand than being understood. I hope I am doing these things justice, it is how I honor you, remember you and keep you close to my heart. Thank you for being my Dad, for being human, honest, and lovable. I miss you. I love you Dad.Love, Jul

No comments:

Post a Comment