Friday, September 17, 2010

Coming out of the Fog....






So, it has been six months since you left us Dad. There is so much I want to tell you, so many moments I wish you where there. First I would tell you that we are doing OK, we have each other and that is all that matters. Leroy, the girls and I have adjusted well. The girls love living at "Grandma's" Elisha is so excited to get a big Christmas tree. They are getting so big, they have had to be so strong and brave during all this change. They miss you, for Elisha, she misses you in real ways, she understands that you are gone and not coming back, that you will never be able to see Mt. Rainer, or give her horse bites, or snuggle in the chair; when she misses you she is so good to share that with us, she likes to spend time out in the garage-"working on projects" Johanna is very matter-of-fact, I think that she must dream about you because she sometimes criesfor you in her sleep. Leroy is amazing, he is our rock, You would be so proud of him, it has been so refreshing to see him begin a process of rediscovering himself. Just a few weeks ago he and Rex went for a Hike on Mt. Rainer, they had a blast and yes, they took the MSR stove. We have really tried to make efforts to remember you and do things that you loved Last Friday the 10th, a date that we are trying to reserve to remember you. We went to Aversanos and the football game-Sumner won in double overtime. Mom is well mom, she is amazing and so strong for all of us, she misses you deeply and yet makes every effort to embrace our new life. She talks about you with love, remembers you with laughter, and honors you with her ability to move forward. I-Julie- feel as if I am coming out of a dense fog, you know the kind where you can't see enough to take a next step, yet you have to keep moving forward. The pain in losing you has given me this amazing gift and that is to LIVE. Everything in my life has changed- and my health is still not well, but everyday I wake up and find myself greatful for this day and thankful for this opportunity to be so close to everyone that I love. I miss you Dad. Love, Jul

No comments:

Post a Comment